Sunday, January 16, 2011

It's Coming Along (Or So I Think)

Bon jour. Happy Sunday! If you've been to my blog before, you know that it is undergoing a transformation. I changed the design and layout, added my Twitter feed and a section for the blogs I frequent often. Totally tubular, right?


Towards the end of last year, I had also changed my hair color. I'm a brunette now.

This Blog is still a work in progress but I REALLY enjoy it! (and I hope you do too).

The more I try to develop TheJaclynOfAllTrades, the more I am reminded that we are all a work in progress.  

With this new year, I know we are all assessing our goals, our wants and our desires for 2011. 

And just as my blog has transformed these past few months, I am undergoing the process of transformation too (aside from hair color). Some of my growth experiences have been within my control while others were not. But I've realized, this is all happening for a reason (cliche...yes, but true indeed!)

So why do I chose to share this? Why post this online? I've always enjoyed communicating and I know there may be people out there that need someone they can relate to. Most people aren't willing to share their innermost thoughts, let along blog about them and that's ok because I am. 

Personally, my transformation involves writing, taking pictures, singing and networking with some of my closest friends. I am helping people and I am helping myself. All of this would not be happening if I wasn't willing to change.

 Santa Monica Sunset photo by yours truly

Why change? Things are fine the way they are. Why stir the pot and stray from normalcy?

The old me wasn't expressing my inner artist. The old me was on a hamster wheel and couldn't get off. The old me was stagnant.

The new me has open eyes (see picture above). The new me is on an open road with tangible goals. The new me is in charge of my life again.

Sure, you can stay comfortable. You can have a wish list that you'll never get to cross off. But for what? Life is uncomfortable. Life is meant to change so buckle up and enjoy the ride.

Think of one thing you want to accomplish this year in 2011 and set into motion the plan to make it happen.

Enjoy the transformation. Here, within, anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment