Thursday, January 13, 2011

Confessions of A Blogaholic: There's Just So Much To Read and See On the WorldWideWeb


I have a new term. Maybe somebody else has already thought of it (it wouldn't be the first time) but I'd like to think that this one is all me.

Blogaholic.

Yep, you heard it here. Thanks to the Internet and Twitter, I've become a Blogaholic...."with benefits."

BLAWG-A-HALL-IK

Reading blogs, promoting them to my friends-that's the kind of peer pressure I'm engaging in these days. But why? Because there are just so many great bloggers, talented writers and intellectual thinkers at our disposal that provide great content online.

We can learn how to remix our wardrobe thanks to the lovely Kendi Everyday. We can receive motivation from Peter Shankman's blog to get up earlier or even get our recommended Apple A Day from Amy Merrick. We can discover that luxury can be holistic from Dr. Susanne Bennett's blog.

Content can be entertaining but it can also be educating and more importantly, encouraging.

On a daily basis, I come across at least 3 new blogs as well as revisit my favorites. I go as far as recommending various blogs to my network. And personally as a Blogger, reading another individuals style of writing or perspective helps me develop thoughts and create the content that you read here.

That said, I hope some of you out there can relate to what I am talking about. If so, I'm here to tell you we can start a support group. Fellow Blogaholics, let me know which blogs inspire YOU.

Also, be sure to comment on blogs and let the authors know that you are there, that their content isn't falling amongst blind eyes and deaf ears.




Tweet about them or start your own blog and link the ones you love back in true Blogaholic fashion. Most of all, stand tall and stand proud. There are worse vices in life than being a Blogaholic.

Signing off,



1 comment:

  1. As you will now see, I have added a Blogaholic section to my site. These are the blogs I love--diverse, I know.

    Shout out to Apartment Therapy, one of my first Blogaholic obsessions.


    http://www.apartmenttherapy.com

    ReplyDelete