Just how have I made this transition? Below are my personal secrets of adulthood.
- You're never too old to enjoy some childlike fun whether that be playing a video game, a round of mini golf or watching cartoons.
- "Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." One of many great quotes from Randy Pausch.
- There is a legitimate reason why you should be at the airport two hours before your flight. Prepare for the unexpected. As they say, it is ALWAYS better to be early than late.
- To add to that, bring a cell phone charger and back up battery no matter where you go.
- Keep up with reading. Just as we exercise our bodies, we need to exercise our brains too and reading is mental exercise.
- Try to always take the high road. Notice the word "try." Sure, it may be hard but two wrongs never make a right. Work on being the bigger person, the universe will reward you for it.
- YOU CAN ALWAYS CONTROL YOUR LIFE BY MAKING NEW CHOICES OR REMAINING WHERE YOU ARE. Read that again.
- Money can't buy you happiness but it can help you get out of an unhappy situation so be sure to spend smart and save.
- You will see who is really there for you when you go through a tough time. Keep these people close to you and be there for them when they need you too.
- Always have a stash of napkins in your glove compartment just in case of an emergency spill. This may sound silly (until you spill something in your car and can't wipe it up!)
- Every now and then, you will need to cry and that is ok.
- If you're on time, you are late. If you are five minutes early, you are on time.
- Spend time with children. They'll remind you to stay patient and inquisitive; to keep your dreams alive.
- You are what you eat and drink so choose wisely.
- There is no need (nor is there any room) to compete with anyone other than yourself.
- If at first you don't succeed, pick yourself back up. Dust yourself off. And then, try again.
- Keep an open mind. Just because something doesn't interest you initially, doesn't mean it won't interest you ever. Expand your horizons and evolve.
- Plan, execute, evaluate. Then plan again.
- Vitamin C, oil of oregano and Culturelle probiotics are my recipe for supreme health.
- A cup of coffee can make life just a little bit easier.
Feel free to share these as well. All in all, I just want to say that I sincerely thank you for reading my blog and I hope you feel empowered this Motivational Monday. Make it count!
The Jaclyn of All Trades