There's an old saying, "Ask and you shall receive." Apparently, it's really true because we'd been saying we wanted some extra support and well, we got it when we least expected it! With that said, Jaclyn Mullen Media is international thanks to our team member, Michelle Lock.
Michelle just finished her freshman year at The University of Miami. In her spare time, she has contributed to the school paper and even helped with Facebook strategy for the University of Miami Memes.
And in the 2012-2013 school year, Michelle will serve as treasurer for the Public Relations Student Society of America. Here's some additional info on Michelle. She's been with us for one week so far and we appreciate her work and insight into the international use of the Internet.
1) Name: Michelle Lock
Hometown: Shanghai, China
Astrological Sign: Scorpio
Favorite Color: Sky Blue
2) On a daily basis, you can't live without which three brands: I cannot live without caribbean passions from Jamba Juice, my Apple Macbook Air, and Frosted Strawberry Poptarts!
3) What do you love about social networking? I love how I can connect with friends from everywhere all around the
world! Without social media like Facebook, I probably wouldn't be
keeping in touch with old friends and talking to as many people as I do
4) Why did you want an internship with Jaclyn Mullen Media? I wanted an internship with Jaclyn Mullen Media because there are an
infinite amount of possibilities. And who better to have my first
internship with then with a fellow 'Cane! :)
5) Where do you want to be in 5 years? New York City!
6) How is social media different in China than in US culture? It is so different! The biggest difference is that Facebook and
Twitter are blocked, so I have to use proxies to get around the
censorship. There is a Chinese social media platform like Facebook
though, that people here use. Social media isn't as portable as it is in
the US. Everywhere, people are on Facebook or tweeting about things on
their phones all the time. However, here in China, it has mostly stayed
7) Favorite musician/group. Why? I love Lady Gaga! Because she isn't afraid to be different.
8) Goal you are most excited about fulfilling through your internship this summer. I am most excited about building my own personal brand and establishing my online presence!
To keep up with Michelle, and help her build her online presence, please follow her on Twitter @michelleytlock